Budget update - fairness and prosperity
The Government is delivering on its commitment to manage New Zealand’s finances responsibly while ensuring the dividends of economic growth are more fairly shared.
We promised we would be a Government of change. The Government has made a clear choice to put the wellbeing of all New Zealanders firmly at the heart of what we do.
The Budget Policy Statement and our 100-Day Plan announcements are proof that this Government will be different, one that will lead the country in a new, positive and inclusive direction.
Budget update press releases:
Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern - Prime Minister
Hon Grant Robertson - Finance
- Government will deliver for all New Zealanders
- Super Fund contributions secure generational legacy
- Coalition and Confidence and Supply Agreements Covered
Hon Carmel Sepuloni & Hon Tracey Martin - Social Development & Children
Hon Kelvin Davis - Crown/Māori Relations
Hon Auptio William Sio - Pacific Peoples
Hon Phil Twyford - Housing and Urban Development
Hon Chris Hipkins - Education
Hon James Shaw - Climate Change, Statistics, Associate Finance
Hon Megan Woods & Hon Carmel Sepuloni - Energy and Resources & Social Development
Budget update publications:
- Budget Policy Statement 2018
- Budget Responsibility Rules
- Half Year Economic and Fiscal Update 2017
- The Families Package
- Fact Sheet – Families Package